Friday 21 January 2011

FIngers Crossed!

I think I may be back (again)! As you can probably gather from my lack of posting, things have not been too good. I have binged my way back to 200lbs (just over 14 stones). I have been struggling with feelings of depression and eating none stop. I can sit and eat solidly for 3 hours of an evening, even when i feel so sick. I finally went to the doctors yesterday to beg for help.

I told him I have an eating disorder. I realise most people would say that an eating disorder means you're skinny through not eating or from binging and being sick. Well, my food habits are not normal either and I have serious food issues going on. To gain 10lbs in 2 weeks is not healthy. My doctor was very impressed with how much weight i'd lost, he commented on it as soon as I walked into his office. He took me seriously, has prescribed me a low dose of antidepressants and promised me he will find me someone to talk to.

I am not going to do Propoints. I dont like it, I feel restricted by it. I was happy doing the old plan (Vintage Points or VP) so im going back to that. I will see how it goes for a couple of weeks, if im still not feeling happy, then im sorry weightwatchers but it'll be Slimming World for me.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that making the decision to follow VP is enough to get me through this blip and im soon back on my way to goal!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with VP. Are you able to get access to a computer to blog whilst you're doing VP for the next few weeks? Maybe blogging what you're eating on a daily basis will help you stay on track?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased you've been able to get to the docs, it is so not easy but you've taken the first step and i'm sure you're going to do fine!

    MrsShilts.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back. I'm sure this new start on the VP will be what you need, I've been wondering whether to go back to it too.

    I hope the medication lifts your mood a bit and your back on track xxx

    ReplyDelete