Thursday 12 January 2012

Getting Back To Reality (Hopefully)

Firstly, thank you to everyone who took time to comment on my last post, it's good to know there are people out there supporting me :)

Also, very interesting point regarding the boiler and the carbon monoxide poisoning. Since the boiler has been out of action I haven't felt half as tired or suffered as many headaches! It could be linked I suppose. We now have a new boiler, hot water is so luxurious!! I really didn't realise how much I took it for granted!

I went back to work today. Eeek. Decided to go back on a Thursday so I can ease myself in for a couple of days before attempting a full week. My GP was very supportive, made sure I wasn't feeling pressurised in to going back, and said i've to go straight back to him if they start making life difficult for me, or I need any additional support.

All the backlog of work I was struggling with, has been cleared. So i've been basically given a clean slate (and around 100 emails) to get started with. I've only been given about 70% of my work back, initially for 4 weeks, then will start to increase back to my normal work load. So fingers crossed I can start to get back to normal again.

It is coming up to a year since Barry died, and I am hoping that psychologically that may be a turning point for me. Maybe now that all the "firsts" without him have happened, I can start to move on again, stop this stupid emotional eating. I'm cutting down already (or trying to). i'm totally skint, but it's like when I used to smoke, I always found the money for cigarettes, now I always seem to find the money for chocolate/other crap I could do without!

3 comments:

  1. Hiya Gemma, great news on the boiler and glad you're feeling better. We're all here supporting you, we're all on some sort of journey too so can understand some of the pitfalls along the way. It's good to hear you're taking each day as it comes and making positive choices xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are starting to feel better. I can tell by your writing that you are a little more up beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll always be here supporting you, Gemma. Good luck with work :)

    ReplyDelete